This workshop was designed to teach you the difference between a black & white and a colour photograph and to help you start seeing the world in black & white. Learn how to recognise a black & white scene and learn how different styles and camera settings can effect your image. Learn how to construct your image with the fundamentals of black & white photography, shape, form, texture and tone. The workshop will finish up with the tutor showing you how to create a “polished image” by helping you to get the most out of your digital darkroom. This is a classroom based workshop and is suitable for photographers who are already photographing on the manual side of their DSLR camera.
- Online access to workshop E-Notes
- Sample Black & White images
- DPS pad & pen
- Morning tea/coffee
On this photography workshop you will learn:
Basics of shooting in black & white
- When & where to shoot in black & white
- Construction of your image through shape, form, texture & tone
- Different black & white styles
- The role of filters in black & white photography
- Techniques – Setting your camera up to shoot for black & white
- Black & white toning – colour isolation – dodging & burning – contrast adjustments
- Digital darkroom for black & white photography
Please Note: *All types of Digital SLR’s, Bridge & Mirrorless cameras are suitable for this workshop*
Click Here to learn how to progress from DPS to Fetac level 5 & 6 photography courses.
Next Date Starting: April 1st 2017
10am – 2pm
Price € 79 +23% VAT
Next Date Starting: June 24th 2017
10am – 2pm
Price € 79
This Workshop Has RPL & APL Accreditation
This workshop is accredited with RPL & APL accreditation from Saint Kevin’s College & can be used in the application process to further education. Attaining a recognized qualification is the next step in becoming a professional photographer. Saint Kevin’s are one of Dublin’s Leading Providers of PLC, QQI, BTEC & FETAC photography courses in Dublin.