Our 7 week evening course is designed for you to get to grips with all that you camera has to offer and to get you out of relying on using the automatic mode. Do you want to get silky waters, blurred backgrounds and learn how to photograph at night? Do you often wonder why your images are not sharp enough or are out of focus? This course will teach you how to use all the settings on your camera properly and at the end you will come away with techniques on how to photograph in full manual mode, enhance your photographs and make them stand out from others. The course includes 2 offsite location shoots so we can show you how to apply all that you have learned. Week 7 of the course will give you a taste of what different editing has to offer and you will learn how to bring out your photographs colours and tones, black & white conversion techniques, resizing, straightening and cropping and much more. All types of DSLR’s, Bridge & Mirrorless cameras are suitable for this course.
This course includes:
- Online access to course E-Notes
- DPS pad & pen
- 2 offsite evening location shoots
- Critique & review of images from location shoots
- A slide show of selected photographers from around the world
- Portrait assignments
On this digital photography course you will learn & understand:
- Shutter speeds
- Aperture & depth of field
- ISO & White Balance
- Exposure & your light meter
- Focus points & focusing
- Your cameras settings
- Intro to RAW V’s JPEG
- A variety of different photography styles
- Introduction into the historical & contemporary world of photography
- Long exposure & light painting techniques
- Composition techniques & understanding images
- Understand other cameras, lenses, filters, tripods & other accessories
- Maintaining & getting the most out of your kit
Please Note: *All types of DSLR’s, Bridge & Mirrorless cameras are suitable for this introduction photography course.
A tripod is required for the two location shoots & can be purchased directly from the school. Prices & information on product will be given by the course tutor once the classes start.
Next Date Starting: April 28th 2020
Tuesday: 7pm – 9pm
This Course Has RPL & APL Accreditation
This course is accredited with RPL & APL accreditation from Pearse College & can be used in the application process to further education. Attaining a recognised qualification is the next step in becoming a professional photographer. Pearse College are one of Dublin’s Leading Providers of PLC, QQI, BTEC & FETAC photography courses in Dublin.