When we travel, we photograph and document a land, its people, its culture, its customs and its traditions. We get lost, wander down alleyways, get off the beaten track, sit in local cafes and watch a new and exciting world go by. If a place you visit has it’s own particular look, character and ambiance, then your photographs should capture all of these qualities. Our travel photography workshop will start at the very beginning, from planning and researching your trip to understanding the best equipment for the job. It will guide you through your various camera settings and discuss the importance of composition. From people and monuments, low light and building interiors, colours and traditions to what to do with your work when you return home. This is a classroom based workshop and is ideally suitable for photographers who are already photographing on the manual side of their camera.
This travel photography workshop includes:
- Online access to the workshop E-Notes
- DPS pad & pen
- Morning Tea/Coffee & Biscuits
On this travel photography Workshop you will learn:
- Planning, preparation & research before your travels
- Recommended reading
- What equipment to bring & why?
- Your camera settings
- Travel composition tips
- TV/S, AV/A & P modes explained in depth. The why & when to use?
- When to shoot, what to shoot & how to shoot it?
- Understanding the customs,traditions & history of the place
- The importance of getting lost & off the beaten track
The importance of setting a theme or body of work
- Photographing in low & ambient light
- What to do when you get home?
If you are joining TD active Holidays and ourselves here at DPS on one of our many photography holidays, then before you head away why not attend our popular travel photography workshop and avail of our discounted special price of €85. Click here to book.
Please Note: *All types of Digital SLR’s, Bridge & Mirrorless cameras are suitable for this workshop*
Next Date: Saturday July 20th2019
10am – 4pm
Price €125 (price includes 23% VAT)
Next Date: Saturday September 7th 2019
10am – 4pm
Price €125.00 (price includes 23% VAT)