Do you want to move beyond the basics and look deeper into the fine tuning of your camera? Our 5 week follow on course is ideal for anyone looking to get a deeper understanding of the correct metering and focus modes, the benefits of shutter and aperture priority and why it is better to shoot RAW over JPEG. Learn new ways of seeing through our class dedicated to composition & visual communication. Become a more confident shooter by learning the right techniques for different situations. This is a direct follow on from our 7 week DSLR photography course and our 1 day DSLR photography course/or is aimed at those photographers who are currently shooting manually or are at an improvers level. Please Note: Classes will not take place on bank holiday monday’s.
This 5 week course includes:
- DPS USB key with course notes
- DPS Pad & pen
- 2 offsite location shoots
- Critique & review of images from location shoots
- Tutor support by email throughout the course
On this digital photography course learn:
- Re-cap of your cameras basics
- Advanced focusing techniques
- Metering Modes – What they are & their importance?
- RAW V’s JPEG
- EV Compensation & AEB
- TV/S, AV/A & P in depth. The why, where & when to use?
- Composition techniques – decoding & understanding images
- Building a kit – The right tools for the job
- Accessories explained in depth
Critiquing & review of students images
- All shoot times & dates may change as they are seasonal & weather dependent
Please Note: *All types of Digital SLR’s are suitable for this course*
A tripod is required for the two location field trips & can be purchased directly from the school. Prices & information on product will be given by the course tutor once the classes begin.
Click Here to learn how to progress from DPS to FETAC level 5 & 6 photography courses.
Next Date Starting: January 20th 2020
Monday: 7pm – 9pm
Price €225 (price includes 23% VAT)
This Course Has RPL & APL Accreditation
This course is accredited with RPL & APL accreditation from Saint Kevin’s College & can be used in the application process to further education. Attaining a recognized qualification is the next step in becoming a professional photographer. Saint Kevin’s are one of Dublin’s Leading Providers of PLC, QQI, BTEC & FETAC photography courses in Dublin.